CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarship
Made possible by the Scott Williams Foundation, the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to deserving and financially disadvantaged students enrolled in a business-related undergraduate or a teaching postgraduate course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 20 (twenty) - 15 x undergraduate + 5 x Master of Teaching (secondary)
Opening Date: 04 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Masters|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Scott Williams Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022;
- Be enrolled either in:
An undergraduate course related to any of the following disciplines:
- Digital Media;
- Information Technology;
CL05 Master of Teaching (Secondary) (Business major only):
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 12 credit points or more*;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Be an Australian citizen;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2022;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to applicants (in declining order) who are: past Scott Williams Foundation scholars; residing in the Sunshine Coast and Moreton Shire; residing in regional Queensland; or residing in regional Australia.
*Payments may continue to be awarded on a pro rata basis to students completing less than 12 credit points in extenuating circumstances. This is at the discretion of both the Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team and the Scott Williams Foundation.
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the Scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey.
Ongoing Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum study load of 12 credit points
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 2 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Scholarships at CQUniversity are highly competitive. All applications are ranked based on how well applicants address the selection criteria, and in comparison, to other applicants.
Being eligible or being a recipient in the past is no guarantee of having a successful application.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit.
All applicants are advised that any request for further information to support their application will be sent to their student email accounts or nominated email account for future students. Students will be required to re-submit any further information requested through their original application in MyCentre. Failure to resubmit further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
The Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Documents demonstrating academic success or unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low personal/family income or financial need
Possible required income documents include a current Centrelink Income Statement and/or 3 x recent consecutive payslips.
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Mr Scott Williams AM is an award-winning small business operator and philanthropist recognised for his services to local government, business, community radio, higher education and philanthropy. As Chair of the Scott Williams Foundation, Scott continues to play an important role in helping CQUniversity students to reach their full potential by offering these life-changing scholarships.