Bendigo Bank Community Bank Sarina Higher Education Scholarship
This Scholarship provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving first year student from the Sarina/Mackay region who is studying a business, business-related, digital media, information technology, agriculture or science Bachelor degree.
Scholarship Value: Up to $6,000
Length of Scholarship: Three (3) years
Number Available: 2
Opening Date: 07 December 2020
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
|Year of Study||First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Bendigo Bank Community Bank Sarina Higher Education Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in or intending to be enrolled in a Degree course (or double degree) under the School of Business and Law. Students completing a Bachelor of Digital Media (CC24), Bachelor of Information Technology (CQ18) & Bachelor of Information Technology Co-op (CG99), Bachelor of Agriculture (CV85) or Bachelor of Science (CU18) are also eligible to apply.
- Be entering their first year of study in 2021;
- Be residing in the Sarina / Mackay region or have a residential postcode within 4737-4803 and maintain residence in that region for the duration of the scholarship;
- Be studying a minimum of 12 credit points per term for the duration of the scholarship;
- Enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of the Census Date in Term 1, 2021;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Not holding another Scholarship of equal or higher value or any scholarship with another financial services institution;
- Not to be formally or publicly associated with another financial services institution for the duration of the Scholarship.
Applicants will be assessed on the application and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Community engagement - demonstrated involvement in community activities; also include any evidence of school activities if recently completed secondary school
- Personal and career goals - demonstrated purpose in personal futures planning and sense of overall career direction
- Personal presentation and role model - takes pride in personal presentation and a role model for other students; supports others in pursuit of their achievements
- Academic diligence - demonstrated consistent performer; strives to achieve
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain at least a GPA of at least 5.0 each term
- Remain enrolled as at Census Date each term (Terms 1 & 2 only)
- Participate in a minimum of 3 major events each year with the Bendigo Bank Community Bank Sarina designated by the Board
- Continue personal community involvement over the duration of the scholarship
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct and personal behaviors - takes pride in one's work and is a role model for students both at CQUniversity and in other activities; demonstrates appropriate behaviors - respects, encourages and supports others in pursuit of achievements
- Not have a conflict of interest through any public or formal relationship with any other financial services institution for the period of the scholarship
- Report as required to the Board of Directors of Bendigo Bank Community Bank Sarina on your progress.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Payment of Scholarship
Payments are based on term study load and will by made to successful applicants by Sarina Bendigo Bank* Branch following the certification of grades in Term 1 each year.
- $1,000 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
- $500 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- Cover letter
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Sarina Community Bank Branch Bendigo Bank Scholarship contact the Executive Assistant, Sarina Community Bank* Branch Bendigo Bank to obtain an application form:
Email - email@example.com
Mobile - 0435 537 012
Community Bank Sarina is operated by Sarina and District Community Financial Services Ltd (S&DCFSL) which is a locally owned company. Apart from being locally owned a key feature of the unique Community Bank is that up to 80 percent of local profits are available to be invested in the local community. We are proud to invest in our community through the Community Engagement Program. Since opening in 2005, over $2.5 million has been in invested (from profits) in the greater Sarina region through community grants, sponsorship, Scholarships, and donations. Our overarching aim of this community investment is to influence positive change in the community. The Community Bank Sarina Scholarship Program is a key platform of our community investment with the aim of encouraging the development of skills and expertise through further education and more broadly to ultimately benefit the community.