Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships are intended to improve access to and completion of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses, including in the fields of health and agricultural science for students from a regional or remote area in Australia. Scholarship payments are intended to assist the Scholarship Recipient with the financial costs of attending their institution and undertaking their eligible course of study and internships.
Scholarship Value: up to $18,000
Length of Scholarship: Up to a maximum of 4 yrs (FT)
Opening Date: 20 January 2020
Closing Date: 30 June 2020
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be considered for a Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarship, you must meet all the eligibility criteria below:
- You must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, holder of a permanent humanitarian visa, or a New Zealand citizen living in Australia.
- You must have commenced or be commencing your Eligible Course of Study in 2020.
- Your permanent home address must be in a regional or remote area as defined by the Australian Statistical Geography Standard (ASGS)
Your application will be assessed on two main selection criteria:
- Financial Need - You will need to provide documentary evidence to demonstrate financial need.
- Capability - You must provide a written response describing:
- A past educational achievement; AND/OR
- A work achievement; AND/OR
- Other achievements that help to demonstrate your ability to undertake your Eligible Course of Study
About the Scholarship
The Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships Program (RRESP) has been introduced to improve access to and completion of STEM (Science,Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) tertiary education courses for students from regional and remote areas in Australia.
The program objectives are to:
- Increase the number of students engaging in STEM disciplines
- Increase the number of students able to undertake their preferred course of STEM study irrespective of their location; and
- Increase participants' rate of course completion relative to their peers
Please refer to the QTAC website for further information about this scholarship.
Applicants must submit the following documentation with their completed application form:
- Evidence of Australian citizenship, permanent residency, holding a permanent humanitarian visa or being a New Zealand citizen living in Australia;
- Proof of residence in a regional or remote area in Australia (see Section 4.1 of the guidelines);
- Evidence of financial need (see Section 6 of the guidelines); and
- Evidence of eligibility for Other considerations (see Section 6 of the guidelines).
You can submit your application and supporting documentation at qtac.edu.au/scholarships.
For more information, please visit the QTAC website or call QTAC on 1800 290 979.QTAC will advise Scholarship Applicants of the outcomes of their applications in writing. Unsuccessful applicants may not be notified before Scholarship Agreements have been executed with successful applicants.