Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise Scholarship
The Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise supports its community by enabling access and retention of students pursuing a career in education for the benefit of the community. This scholarship supports new and continuing students enrolled at CQUniversity in an Education or Learning Management Bachelor or Postgraduate course to pursue their degree within the Bundaberg region.
Scholarship Value: $3,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Opening Date: 15 November 2019
Closing Date: 10 January 2020
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise Scholarship an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2020
- Be studying a Bachelor or Postgraduate degree
- Be studying in the area of Education or Learning Management
Have a residential postcode in the Bundaberg Region (4620-4675) Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date in Term 1, 2020 Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the scholarship
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for The Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity and the scholarship donor will be formed to determine the successful applicant in each instance. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant/s of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
The Rotary Club of Bundaberg Sunrise was chartered on the 16th of May 1991 by Bundaberg East Rotary Club.
They have an active club that undertakes many projects and supports many worthy causes throughout the year.
See more on the Bundaberg East Rotary website.