Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship
The Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarships will aid and support Indigenous students looking to obtain a formal qualification to pursue a career in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) industries.
Scholarship Value: $2,500
Length of Scholarship: One Off
Opening Date: 04 October 2022
Closing Date: 30 January 2023
|Year of Study||Any|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Identity;
- Be enrolled in one of the following Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) courses in 2023:
- HLT30113 – Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- FNS30317 – Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- AUR30316 – Certificate III in Auto Electrical Technology
- BSB30115 – Certificate III in Business
- CPC30211 – Certificate III in Carpentry
- HLT35015 – Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- UEE30811 – Certificate III in Electrotech Electrician
- MEM30305 – Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- MEM30205 – Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- AUR31116 – Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AHC30716 – Certificate III in Horticulture
- AHC31416 – Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- ICT30115 – Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- MSL30118 – Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- AHC30916 – Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- AUR30616 – Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31216 – Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- AHC31016 – Certificate III in Parks & Gardens
- CPC32413 – Certificate III in Plumbing
- CUA31115 – Certificate III in Visual Arts
- TLI31616 – Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- HLT40113 – Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 – Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- FNS40217 – Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- MEM40105 – Certificate IV in Engineering
- MSL40118 – Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- BSB42015 – Certificate IV in Leadership/Management
- TAE40116 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- BSB41415 – Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- FNS50217 – Diploma of Accounting
- BSB50215 – Diploma of Business
- BSB50415 – Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB50618 – Diploma of Human Resource Management
- ICT50115 – Diploma of Information Technology
- BSB51918 – Diploma of Leadership/Management
- HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing
- BSB51415 – Diploma of Project Management
- PUA52312 – Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- SIT50116 – Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- CUA51115 – Diploma of Visual Arts
- BSB51315 – Diploma of Workplace Health and Safety
- Reside in Queensland for the duration of the scholarship;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Please note: This scholarship is not available to students undertaking a qualification as part of a schools program, a traineeship or an apprenticeship.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 250 words addressing the following:
“How will a CQUniversity Scholarship assist with your studies?”
The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Identity Documents. Please see FAQ for more information.
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account.
To apply for the Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) Apply now.
Complete applications must be received by 10 am AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Queensland Government, through Advance Queensland, is supporting Queenslanders to complete vocational education and transition into university studies in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) industries.