Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship
The Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship support Indigenous students to obtain qualifications to pursue their chosen careers in science, technology, engineering, arts, and maths (STEAM) industries. The scholarships are supported by the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland initiative focused on growing the economy and creating jobs through innovation. This includes establishing pathways for Indigenous innovators and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students keen to forge a pathway in STEAM industries.
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Length of Scholarship: Duration of VET course
Number Available: 8
Opening Date: 01 October 2020
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
|Year of Study||Any|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and provide a Confirmation of Identity;
- Be enrolled in one of the following STEAM related VET Certificate or Diploma course in 2021:
- HLT30113 Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration
- AUR30316 Certificate III in Auto Electrical Technology
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
- HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotech Electrician
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
- HLT33115 Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture
- AHC31416 Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management
- ICT30115 Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology
- MSL30118 Certificate III in Laboratory Skills
- AHC30916 Certificate III in Landscape Construction
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31216 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- AHC31016 Certificate III in Parks & Gardens
- CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing
- CUA31115 Certificate III in Visual Arts
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- HLT40113 Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- FNS40217 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering
- MSL40118 Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques
- BSB42015 Certificate IV in Leadership/Management
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
- BSB50215 Diploma of Business
- BSB50415 Diploma of Business Administration
- BSB50618 Diploma of Human Resource Management
- ICT50115 Diploma of Information Technology
- BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership/Management
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
- PUA52312 Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- CUA51115 Diploma of Visual Arts
- BSB51315 Diploma of Workplace Health and Safety
- Reside in Queensland for the duration of the scholarship;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
- Not available for qualifications undertaken as part of a schools program, a traineeship or an apprenticeship.
- Career goals and how a scholarship will assist in achieving their educational and employment objectives in their STEAM industry;
- Extracurricular activities – such as community and cultural activities;
- Life experiences, celebrations and challenges.
Applicant information will be disclosed and shared with the Queensland Government department administering the Advance Queensland initiative. Successful scholarship recipient’s personal information will not be published by Advance Queensland without your prior authority.
Where authority has been given, Advance Queensland may request CQUniversity to develop case studies on recipients for publication and share these with the Queensland Government.
The Queensland Government will manage personal information in accordance with Information Privacy Principles and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
Expectations of Recipients
There may be opportunities for you to share your experiences as a Scholarship recipient. Your participation in these promotions would be highly valued.
The successful applicants are required to enter their current banking details into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done within 2 weeks of the Scholarship offer being accepted to avoid delays.
Payments will be made as follows:
- $2,000 at the commencement of the qualification (on proof of enrolment and attendance);
- $2,000 on completion of a full semester of study;
- $1,000 on evidence of successful completion of the qualification.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant following eligibility checks in the relevant intake, review of Unit completion and confirmation of completion of study. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship recipients who successfully complete their nominated VET course may have an opportunity to apply for a “top up” scholarship of a further $5,000 to support study in a higher level STEAM VET qualification or degree study at a Queensland university.
Further details in relation to this “top-up” scholarship will be provided to eligible Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship recipients.
- Confirmation of Identity;
- Written submission/personal statement detailing community and or cultural involvement.
To apply for the Indigenous Pathways Advance Queensland VET Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Team by 5 pm AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Queensland Government, through Advance Queensland, is supporting Queenslanders to complete vocational education and transition into university studies in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) industries.