HeART of the Basin Scholarship
The 2020 scholarship will mark the second year of the scholarship and is awarded to a research student at CQUniversity studying Honours, Masters by Research or PhD to progress their learnings in a research topic relating to improving waterway health in the Fitzroy Basin. It is expected the scholarship will be used by the chosen applicant for research expenses.
Scholarship Value: $2,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 Year
Number Available: 1 (one)
Opening Date: 26 August 2019
Closing Date: 01 July 2020
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; 2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; South Sea Islander; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
Scholarship eligibility criteria – students have to:
- Be enrolled in an Honours, Masters by Research or PhD in a relevant field of research at CQUniversity;
- Be studying on campus in Rockhampton or through online study;
- Devote time during the length of the scholarship (12 months) to an agreed research topic relating to advancing waterway health in the Fitzroy Basin.
Please refer to the website for further details.
Applicants to submit a written submission of no more than 750 words outlining the proposed waterway health research topic, their career aspirations and interests. Applicants will also need to provide:
- Evidence of an ability to set and achieve career and personal goals;
- Information about academic history and work experience (academic transcript and resume);
- A letter of support from their proposed CQUniversity Project Supervisor.
Refer to the River Health website.
Please read the Guidelines and Application formApplicants will complete the Fitzroy Partnership for River Health HeART of the Basin Scholarship Application Form and will email the Application Form, written submission, letter of support and academic history. Shortlisted applicants may be invited for an interview with representatives from the Fitzroy Partnership for River Health to outline their chosen research topic and plan. The Partnership will select the Scholar.