CQUniversity Frontline and First Responder Scholarships
2020 so far will be remembered as one of the most challenging in modern history, starting with a catastrophic bush fire season that affected large swaths of bush and farming land across our nation, followed by a global health crisis that is still very much playing out. The value of frontline and first response staff is without question and that is why CQUniversity has announced a number of new scholarships to support aspiring students who are either already working in these industries and would like the opportunity to upskill or those who wish to enter these industries. Frontline and first responder occupations are many and varied, typically encompassing healthcare, emergency services and response, CQUniversity currently defines this group as anyone who currently or who would like to influence the national recovery efforts.
Scholarship Value: $2,000-$5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 15
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Masters|
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be a new student to CQUniversity, enrolled or intending to enrol to study in Term 2, 2020 (CQUniversity alumni may also apply)
- Be successfully admitted (please submit your application when you apply) to study any of the following:
- HLT51015 Diploma of Paramedical Science
- CB66 Bachelor of Allied Health
- CL10 Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science
- CG93 Bachelor of Medical Science
- CQ26 Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety
- CC43 Bachelor of Psychological Science
- CC42 Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours)
- CC59 Bachelor of Public Health (Environmental Health)
- CF59 Bachelor of Science (Psychology)
- CC77 Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
- CC27 Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management
- CL45 Master of Public Health
- Be either located in a non-metropolitan area, or working/volunteering in a role which carries responsibility for regional areas with regard to frontline and first response or community resilience.
- Be enrolled as at Census date Term 2, 2020
- Not be receiving any other CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous study or training success
- Evidence of community involvement - employment or volunteer contribution to a disaster management agency
- Resume, including referees
To apply for the CQUniversity Frontline and First Responder Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.