CQUniversity Emergency and Disaster Management Scholarships
CQUniversity has announced a number of Emergency and Disaster Management Scholarships to be introduced in 2020 in response to the Summer 2019/2020 national bushfire disaster in Australia. CQUniversity has provided these scholarships as a ‘direct action’ response to enhancing the preparedness and resilience of regional communities during natural disaster events. The scholarships provide support for students who are interested either in entering a career or progressing their existing career in the broad field of Emergency and Disaster Management.
Scholarship Value: $2,000-$5,000
Length of Scholarship: Normal duration of course
Number Available: 15 (five scholarships offered for each of the three eligible courses)
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be a new student to CQUniversity, enrolled or intending to enrol to study in Term 2, 2020 (CQUniversity alumni may also apply)
- Be successfully admitted (please submit your application when you apply) to study any of the following:
- Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- Advanced Diploma of Public Safety (Emergency Management)
- Bachelor of Emergency Service
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency and Disaster Management
- Be either working or actively volunteering (and be able to provide proof of service) in an organisation with a disaster management focus (including but not limited to: fire and rescue organisations, police, defence, local government/councils, coast guard, rural fire services, ambulance, SES, Red Cross, wildlife rescue)
- Be either located in a non-metropolitan area, or working/volunteering in a role which carries responsibility for regional areas with regard to emergency management and community resilience.
- Be enrolled as at Census date Term 2, 2020
- Not be receiving any other CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous study or training success
- Evidence of community involvement - employment or volunteer contribution to a disaster management agency
- Resume, including referees
To apply for the CQUniversity Emergency and Disaster Management Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.