Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to one deserving CQUniversity student residing in Bundaberg. This scholarship is in honour of Dr Donaldson's life and achievements, and it recognises his contribution as an inspiring teacher and gifted researcher to the development of CQUniversity and the Bundaberg region.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 ($2,500/ term in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: One Year
Opening Date: 15 October 2018
Closing Date: 11 January 2019
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be commencing in their first term of study in a Bachelor course
- Have a residential address in Bundaberg (4670)
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
**Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
The scholarship recipient agrees to the key road principles promoted as part of the 'Join the Drive to Save Lives' campaign organised by the Queensland as part of Road Safety Week. For more information, please visit www.jointhedrive.qld.gov.au.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
In addition to the eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments will be credited electronically to the successful applicant's nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Dr Phillip Donaldson Memorial Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Family and friends of the late Dr Phillip Donaldson.