Destination Australia Scholarships
With over A$500 000 worth of scholarships available to international students, there has never been a better time to consider studying at CQUniversity Australia’s regional campuses in Cairns and Rockhampton. These study locations offer much more than a quality education with their close-knit communities, a truly Australian experience, opportunities to explore iconic natural wonders, and a lower cost of living than capital cities. CQUniversity encourages you to apply and be a recipient of the Destination Australia Scholarship for the full duration of your studies. All new students will also be eligible for the International Student Scholarship – Regional (ISS–R), which provides an additional 25% scholarship for the duration of your studies.
Scholarship Value: Up to $15 000 per year + 25% tuition fee scholarship through the International Student Scholarship – Regional.
Length of Scholarship: Full duration of your studies
Number Available: 4
Opening Date: 23 December 2020
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future|
|Study Region||Cairns; Rockhampton|
|Study Load||Full time|
- Masters by coursework
- Research higher degree
Applicants will be assessed on a competitive basis as scholarships are limited as per the selection criteria.
- Available to new to CQUniversity students
- Attained an overall grade of at least 65% or equivalent in your most recent studies.
- The scholarship is not transferable to other campuses.
- You must remain enrolled at the Cairns or Rockhampton campus.
- You must maintain a valid Student Visa for the duration of your scholarship.
- You must maintain ongoing residency in the regional area where your study is based, for the duration of the scholarship.
- Submission of a 500 word study statement at the time of application.
- Accept your offer and pay by 11 June 2021.
For more information please complete our online enquiry form or call +61 3 9616 0606.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
- Course of study must be completed within the duration of the scholarship.
As a scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
If you are ready to apply for a course at the Cairns or Rockhampton campus, please visit the apply page for international students.
The Destination Australia Program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education to offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience regional and rural Australia.