Destination Australia Scholarship (domestic students)
Destination Australia is an Australian Government funded scholarship program designed to support student to study in a regional area - you don’t need to be from a regional area, just planning to study full-time, on campus at one of CQUniversity’s regional campuses! Our regional campuses don’t only offer a great quality education, they also offer the companionship of a close-knit communities and opportunities to explore iconic natural wonders coupled with a lower cost of living. These scholarships (for Australian students only – please refer to Destination Australia International Scholarship if you are not an Australian resident) are open to new full-time student starting one of the following degrees offered at CQUniversity Bundaberg, Cairns, Gladstone or Mackay (please note, not all degrees listed below are available at all locations):
Scholarship Value: $15,000 per year of study
Length of Scholarship: Normal duration of course
Number Available: Many
Opening Date: 15 November 2019
Closing Date: 31 January 2020
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Bundaberg; Cairns; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Load||Full time|
These scholarships (for Australian students only – please refer to Destination Australia International Scholarship if you are not an Australian resident) are open to new full-time student starting one of the following degrees offered internally at CQUniversity Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone or Bundaberg (please note, not all degrees listed below are available at all locations) in Term 1, 2020:
- Diploma of Nursing
- Bachelor of Aviation
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Master of Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Research
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form, supporting documentation and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the eligibility criteria, successful applicants must:
- maintain residence and internal enrolment at a regional Queensland CQUniversity campus
- maintain a term GPA of at least 4.0 for the duration of the course
- maintain a term study load of at least 18 credit points or more (Term 1 and Term 2)
Expectation of Recipients
As a CQUniversity scholarship recipient, you may be approached to positively promote the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences through media and events such as Open Day on your campus.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the Destination Australia Scholarship (domestic), complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached - apply now.
- For students who have already have a Student ID number, apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date. Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant/s of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
The Destination Australia Program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education to offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high quality education, training and research in, and to experience regional and rural Australia.