Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Scholarship
The Scholarships aim to build the workforce capacity and capability of Queensland’s Domestic Family Violence sector by supporting students enrolled into CQUniversity Domestic and Family Violence Practice programs.
Scholarship Value: Approx $11,000 (tuition fees for 2 units/term plus Student Services and Amenities Fee in Terms 1 & 2)
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) year
Number Available: 20 (Twenty)
Opening Date: 11 September 2017
Closing Date: 12 January 2018
|Study Level||Graduate Certificate; Graduate Diploma; Postgraduate (Course work)|
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Region||Biloela; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Noosa; Rockhampton; Townsville; Yeppoon|
|Study Mode||Online Study|
|Study Load||Part time|
To be eligible to receive the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services 2018 Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be commencing study in one of the following CQUniversity courses in Term 1 2018:
- Graduate Certificate in Domestic and Family Violence Practice, and/or
- Graduate Certificate in Facilitating Men's Behaviour Change
- Graduate Diploma in Domestic and Family Violence Practice (as a first year student)
- Be a resident of, and studying in Queensland;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or holder of a Humanitarian Visa;
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1 2018;
- Be studying a part time study load of 12 credits points or less
- Be studying via online study
- Not be an employee of the Queensland Government
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded* Scholarship
*Donor Funded: refers to a scholarship which is only available to CQUniversity students, funded by an individual or organisation external to the University (excluding Federal Government funded Commonwealth and Equity Scholarships)
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
"How will this scholarship assist you / your work?" (outline how you may meet the preferences outlined below);
- Career Aspirations;
- Academic Achievement (school reports, academic records should be submitted).
Applications will be favoured from students:
- Working or volunteering in the Domestic and Family Violence sector;
- Who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders, or residing in Discrete Indigenous, rural or remote communities.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain an average GPA of 4.0 each Term;
- Remain enrolled in the program as at Census Date of each Term.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships Program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of previous academic achievement and/or University Unofficial Transcript
To apply for the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services Scholarship:
- Read the Scholarship Guidelines
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined in the Scholarship Guidelines
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Complete Applications must be received by the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm on the closing date.