CQUniversity Science and Environmental Science (Honours) Stipend
This scholarship enables students to complete an Honours research project in the field of Science or Environmental Science. CQUniversity undertakes world-class research in both these fields and students awarded this stipend are expected to continue this tradition under the supervision of Science and Environmental Science staff at CQUniversity. Students should discuss research projects with possible supervisors before applying for this stipend. The Stipend provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving student enrolling or enrolled in CQUniversity’s Bachelor of Sciences (Honours) course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $6,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 3
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
|Study Level||Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniversity Science and Environmental Science (Honours) Stipend an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021
- Be commencing studies in a Bachelor of Science (Honours) [CG84] for the first time
- Choose a research project with confirmed funding or a project deemed of strategic importance
- Have previously completed either a
- Bachelor of Science (CU18),
- Bachelor of Environmental Science (CA42) or
- Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline from an Australian institution
- Were not enrolled in the Bachelor of Science (Honours) [CG84] in 2020
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be enrolled at Census date Term 1, 2021
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Short project description (60 words) and nominated Honours supervisor
- Career goals and how the stipend will assist you in achieving your research objectives
- Demonstrated research (academic or industry), community and volunteering activities related to science or environment
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Stipend
The successful applicant is require to end their current financial institution details (banking details) into MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date to avoid delays.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript or similar document demonstrating academic achievements/success
- Documentation demonstrating exemplary work/community/research achievements
To apply for the CQUniversity Science and Environmental Science (Honours) Stipend:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.