CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Women's Career Interruption Award)
The CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Women's Career Interruption Award) is intended to increase the number of women in research higher degree programs at CQUniversity and to assist with living expenses for a female graduate who can demonstrate significant interruption to their academic careers as a result of carer’s responsibilities and/or being the primary carer of a dependent child. A significant career interruption is typically defined as a period of not less than five years in total (although this may be discontinuous), during which the individual has reduced capacity to pursue studies, employment and/or professional activities relating to the research field of interest.
Scholarship Value: $35,000 (per year, indexed)
Length of Scholarship: up to 3 years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 15 January 2020
Closing Date: 29 February 2020
|Study Level||Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Region||Adelaide; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Melbourne; Noosa; Perth; Rockhampton; Sydney; Townsville|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible for a CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Women's Career Interruption Award) an applicant must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- Have experienced a break from study of five or more years.
- Be undertaking, or approved for admission and enrolling in, a research higher degree program at CQUniversity.
- If undertaking:
- a Research Masters, not hold a research Doctorate or a Research Masters or an equivalent research qualification; and
- a Research Doctorate, not hold a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification; and
- Must not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Women's Career Interruption Award) stipend rate to undertake a research higher degree.
The scholarship will be awarded in accordance with the Research Training Program and Research Higher Degree Scholarships Policy and Procedure. In addition, please note that this is an equity scholarship. The Award is offered for a female candidate who can demonstrate a break of not less than five years from study (for example, for caring responsibilities).
Please review the Research Training Program and Research Higher Degree Scholarships Policy and Procedure for the terms and conditions of this Award.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in, or approved for admission and commencing in 2020, in a research higher degree at CQUniversity. To apply for this Award please contact the School of Graduate Research team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a CQUniversity Research Stipend Schoalrship (Women's Career Interruption Award) Application Form.Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by email.