CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship Australian Indigenous
The CQUniversity Indigenous Research Stipend Scholarship (Australian Indigenous) is an award offered to a Masters (Research) or PhD candidate who identifies as, and demonstrates community acceptance as, an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. The award is to assist the student with general living costs while undertaking a Research Higher Degree study at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: $35,000 per year
Length of Scholarship: up to 3 years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 18 February 2022
Closing Date: 01 June 2022
|Study Level||Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Adelaide; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Melbourne; Perth; Rockhampton; Sydney; Townsville|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible for the award, an applicant must:
- be an Indigenous Australian Citizen,
- provide a Community Referee Report to confirm their acceptance in the Indigenous Australian Community,
- be currently enrolled in or approved for admission and commencing in 2022 in a Research Higher Degree course at CQUniversity.
- Not be receiving income from another source to support their general living costs while undertaking the course of study if that income is more than 75 per cent of the award.
- If undertaking:
- a Research Masters, the applicant will not hold a research Doctorate or a Research Masters or an equivalent research qualification; and
- a Research Doctorate, the applicant, will not have a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification.
Please see the Research Training Program and Research Higher Degree Scholarships Policy and Procedure for details of the terms and conditions for this award, available at cqu.edu.au/policy
The CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Australian Indigenous) is administered by the First Nations Research Higher Degree (RHD) Academy. The Academy is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research-focused Community of Practice that is jointly hosted by the Office of Indigenous Engagement (OIE), and the School of Graduate Research. It aims to build the research capacity of First Nations candidates and their supervisors by developing and undertaking First Nations research projects and establishing partnerships in collaboration with other CQUniversity Schools, Research Centres, and Institutes. The Academy is open to all by discipline types and aspires to provide academic, cultural, wellbeing, financial, publication, resource and system support to assist First Nations RHD candidates towards achieving their research milestones and completing their studies.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documents with their application form:
- Written/Typed Submission
- Academic transcript and certificate(s)
- Documents demonstrating community involvement or exemplary work or demonstration of leadership.
To apply for this award, please fill the Research Stipend Australian Indigenous Scholarship Application Form and submit along with supporting documents via email to FirstNationsRHD@cqu.edu.au.