CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship Australian Indigenous
The CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Australian Indigenous) is an award offered to a Masters (Research) or PhD candidate who identifies as, and demonstrates community acceptance as, an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. The award is to assist the student with general living costs while undertaking a Research Higher Degree study at CQUniversity.
Scholarship Value: $35,000 per year
Length of Scholarship: up to 3 years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 18 December 2020
Closing Date: 31 May 2021
|Study Level||Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Adelaide; Brisbane; Bundaberg; Cairns; Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Melbourne; Perth; Rockhampton; Sydney; Townsville|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||Full time|
To be eligible for the award, an applicant must:
- be an Indigenous Australian Citizen,
- provide certified documentary evidence of your citizenship/residency status,
- provide certified copies of; a) Your Confirmation of Identity document provided by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community organisation. The documentation should include your name (as the applicant) and confirm that the applicant is a recognised member of a specified Indigenous Australian community. b) Native Title documentation issued by a Prescribed Body Corporate which specifically names the applicant or provides other formal evidence of ancestral or familial ties or, c) In the absence of A) or B), an original Statutory Declaration signed by the applicant, accompanied by two supporting documents of verification from a recognised cultural consultant/referee:
- a recognised Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community member named or known as a spokesperson, a member, employee, or executive of a registered First Nation Australian Organisation, or
- an acknowledged and recognised Elder or Traditional Owner who is a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.
- Be enrolled in or approved for admission and commencing in 2021 in a research higher degree program at CQUniversity.
- Not be receiving income from another source to support their general living costs while undertaking the course of study if that income is more than 75 per cent of the award.
- If undertaking:
- a Research Masters, the applicant will not hold a research Doctorate or a Research Masters or an equivalent research qualification; and
- a Research Doctorate, the applicant, will not have a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification.
Please see the Research Training Program and Research Higher Degree Scholarships Policy and Procedure for details of the terms and conditions for this award, available at cqu.edu.au/policy
The CQUniversity Research Stipend Scholarship (Australian Indigenous) is administered by the First Nations Research Higher Degree (RHD) Academy. The Academy is an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research-focused Community of Practice that is jointly hosted by the Office of Indigenous Engagement (OIE), and the School of Graduate Research. It aims to build the research capacity of First Nations candidates and their supervisors by developing and undertaking First Nations research projects and establishing partnerships in collaboration with other CQUniversity Schools, Research Centres, and Institutes. The Academy is open to all by discipline types and aspires to provide academic, cultural, wellbeing, financial, publication, resource and system support to assist First Nations RHD candidates towards achieving their research milestones and completing their studies.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documents with their application form:
- Written/Typed Submission
- Academic transcript and certificate(s)
- Documents demonstrating community involvement or exemplary work or demonstration of leadership.
To apply for this award, please fill the Research Stipend Australian Indigenous Scholarship Application Form and submit along with supporting documents via email to FirstNationsRHD@cqu.edu.au.