CQUniversity Pacific Hydro Scholarship
This scholarship enables a third-year student to contribute to a research project, an activity which can be done in conjunction with a placement unit in the field of Agriculture or Environmental Science. CQUniversity undertakes world-class research and students awarded this stipend are expected to continue this tradition under the supervision of our Agricultural and Science staff. This scholarship partners the successful candidate with CQUni researchers and Pacific Hydro staff at the Haughton Solar Farm, to investigate agricultural development and land management options for the 400 ha solar farm located in QLD’s Burdekin Shire. The stipend provides recognition and financial assistance to a deserving student enrolling or enrolled in the CQUniversity Bachelor of Agriculture or Bachelor of Environmental Science courses.
Scholarship Value: $3,000
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 29 May 2020
|Year of Study||3rd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniversity Pacific Hydro Scholarship an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2020 and intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2020
- Be a final year student of a Bachelor of Agriculture [CV84] or Bachelor of Environmental Science [CA42]
- Be able to travel to the Haughton Solar Farm in the Burdekin Shire (60km south of Townsville) when travel restrictions from COVID-19 allow. This could involve up to two separate weekday visits, to meet with industry partners and to work outdoors onsite. Expenses of this travel are covered by the project in addition to the scholarship
- Be willing to work outdoors to collect data onsite
- Be able to conduct research of literature and contribute to report writing including a literature review
- Be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Applicants will be assessed based on a written submission of no more than 400 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Relevant life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. Payment will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
All enquiries and applications should be made by email by 5pm AEST on Friday 29th May, 2020 to:
Dr Tieneke Trotter
Email - email@example.comSelection of the successful recipient will be determined by a selection panel comprised of CQUniversity's Department of Agriculture, Science and Environment. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.