CQUniversity Occupational Health and Safety Textbook Bursary
This bursary will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving student enrolled in a safety science related course.
Scholarship Value: $250 CQUniversity Bookshop Credit
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 8
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
|Study Level||VET; Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Masters|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2021
- Be studying in any of the following safety science related courses:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- Associate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- Bachelor of Occupational Health and Safety
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Safety Science Practice
- Graduate Certificate in Fatigue Management
- Graduate Diploma of Occupational Health and Safety
- Master of Safety Science
- Master of Advanced Safety Science Practice
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity as of Census Date in Term 2, 2021
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Applicants must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the CQUniversity Occupational Health and Safety Textbook Bursary:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.