CQUniCares TechnologyOne Future Leaders Scholarship
The CQUniCares TechnologyOne Future Leaders Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving undergraduate student in financial need.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 2 (Two)
Opening Date: 04 October 2022
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares TechnologyOne Future Leaders Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022;
- Be enrolled in any undergraduate course, preferably within an information technology (IT) discipline;
- Be enrolled with a study load of at least 12 credit points or more*;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or be under financial pressure;
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2022;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Students studying from regional, remote or very remote locations
- Students with a medical condition/ disability
- Students with significant carer responsibilities
- Students not living in close proximity to a CQUniversity campus
- Students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses
Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
*Payments may continue to be awarded on a pro rata basis to students completing less than 12 credit points in extenuating circumstances. This is at the discretion of both the Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team and TechnologyOne.
Applicants will be assessed on the application and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership;
- Life experiences
Ongoing Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum study load of 12 credit points or more
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete any two pathway topics of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Documents demonstrating academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low personal/family income or financial need
Possible required income documents including a current Centrelink Income Statement and/or 3 x recent consecutive payslips.
To apply for the CQUniCares TechnologyOne Future Leaders Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
TechnologyOne Limited in an Australian enterprise software company that builds products that transform business and make life simpler for their customers. They exist to provide integrated solutions that are proven to reduce time and energy.