CQUniCares Student Success (School of Access Education) Scholarship
The CQUniCares Student Success (School of Access Education) Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a former Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS) student entering or in their first year of any undergraduate degree.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 03 May 2022
Closing Date: 03 June 2022
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Student Success (School of Access Education) Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Have previously completed at least two units of the Skills for Tertiary Education Preparatory Studies (STEPS) course;
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2022;
- Be in their first year of study in any Undergraduate course;
- Be enrolled with a minimum term study load of at least 12 credit points,
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 2, 2022;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to applicants who are:
- Students studying from regional, remote or very remote locations;
- Students with a medical condition/ disability;
- Students with significant carer responsibilities;
- Students not living in close proximity to a CQUniversity campus;
- Students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses.
Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points
- Complete 2 x additional Blackbullion pathways of choice prior to Term 1, 2023 Census date
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low income or financial need or other equity factors
To apply for the CQUniCares Student Success (School of Access Education) Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
CQUniCares Student Success (School of Access Education) Scholarships are made possible by generous alumni, staff community partners and friends who are committed to seeing our students succeed. Much of these funds are donated annually during the CQUniCares Appeal.