CQUniCares Student Success Scholarship
CQUniCares Student Success Scholarships are made possible by generous alumni, staff community partners and friends who are committed to seeing our students succeed. Much of these funds are donated annually during the CQUniCares Appeal.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: One (1) Year
Number Available: To be confirmed
Opening Date: 15 September 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Study Level||Undergraduate; Postgraduate (Course work); Postgraduate (Research)|
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Student Success Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021;
- Be enrolled in any higher education diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate course in Term 1, 2021;
- Be enrolled with a study load of at least 12 credit points or more;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or under financial pressure;
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at the time of Census Date in Term 1, 2021;
- Be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Preference will be given to applicants who are:
- Students studying from regional, remote or very remote locations;
- Students with a medical condition/ disability;
- Students with significant carer responsibilities;
- Students not living in close proximity to a CQUniversity campus;
- Students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses.
Academic progress will be taken into consideration for those applicants who are continuing CQUniversity students.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition the the eligibility criteria, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date with a minimum study load of 12 credit points in Term 2
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing these requirements may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectation of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500/term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of low personal/family income or financial hardship
Possible required income documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – current (How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under the age of 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment (if in receipt of Business Income)
- 3 months of personal or business bank account statements (if no other documents can be provided)
Please note if students are under the age of 22 and not deemed “Independent” by Centrelink, parental income documents will be required.
To apply for the CQUniCares Student Success Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CQUniCares Student Success Scholarship