CQUniCares North Queensland Sports Foundation Scholarship
A scholarship to provide recognition and financial assistance to an elite athlete or coach (recognised by the Elite Athlete Friendly University) who resides in North Queensland and is commencing the first year of a Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 ($1250/term in Term 1 and 2 for FT students / $625/term in Term 1 and 2 for PT students)
Length of Scholarship: Duration of course
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 15 September 2020
Closing Date: 08 January 2021
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares North Queensland Sports Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or be intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021;
- Be commencing studies in any Bachelor course;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holder of a Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Reside and study within North Queensland Sports Foundation’s geographic footprint (See Map)
- Self-identify and be recognised as or be a member of one of the organisations listed on the Elite Athlete Friendly University Guiding Principles as an elite athlete or coach (a person who participates in or coaches sport at the level of state, national or international competitions);
- Be enrolled at Census Date Term 1, 2021 with a study load of 12 credit points or more;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Sporting or coaching achievements
- Life Experiences
Ongoing Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a study load of 12 credit points or more;
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete the “budgeting” pathway + 1 (one) other module of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows
- $625 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- $1,250 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Aboriginality/ Torres Strait Islander (if applicable)
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The North Queensland Sports Foundation has over 35 years’ experience working with local North Queensland Councils and communities providing opportunities to foster and strengthening active sporting participation in the region.