CQUniCares North Queensland Sports Foundation Scholarship
A scholarship to provide recognition and financial assistance to three elite athletes or coaches (recognised by the Elite Athlete Friendly University) and are commencing the first year of a Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
Length of Scholarship: Up to 8 (eight) years
Number Available: 3
Opening Date: 01 May 2019
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
|Year of Study||Future/First Year; First Year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2019
- Be commencing studies in any Bachelor course
- Be residing and studying within North Queensland Sport Foundation's geographical footprint - click here to view the footprint map
- Self identify and be recognised as or be a member of one of the organisations listed on the Elite Athlete Friendly University Guiding Principles as an elite athlete or coach (a person who participates in or coaches at the level of state, national or international competitions)
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, permanent Australian resident or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census Date of Term 1, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** Scholarship
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Sporting or coaching achievements
- Life experiences
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarship Program by sharing your experience as a recipient through media and at events organised by CQUniversity.
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date Term 1 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of each term of study following final post Census date eligibility checks. Payments are based on study load each term as follows:
$1,250/term for full-time term study load of 18 credit points or more
$625/term for part-time study load of 12 credit points or less
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Confirmation of Aboriginality or Torres Strait Islander (if applicable)
To apply for the CQUniCares North Queensland Sports Foundation Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) click here to apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) click here to apply
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Life and Wellbeing Centre, Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
North Queensland Sports Foundation