CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship
These scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to low income students enrolled in CQUniversity Bachelor of Education.
Scholarship Value: $2,500
Length of Scholarship: Once off
Number Available: 4 (Four)
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||4th/Final year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; International; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2020
- Be a final year student studying one of the following courses:
- CC14 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- CC12 Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- CC13 Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Be able to provide evidence of low personal/family income or financial need
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
Expectation of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Orientation or Open Day.
Payment of the Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date to avoid delays. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Payment of $2,500 will be made to the successful applicants in Week 6 of Term 2.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Evidence of low income (please see below)
Possible required documents:
- Centrelink Income Statement – (if you and/or your partner are in receipt of Centrelink - please see How to obtain a Centrelink Income Statement)
- 3 current payslips – including partner’s income if partnered or parent/s if you are under 22 years of age
- Latest Notice of Assessment/most recent Tax Return (If you or your partner are in receipt of Business Income)
Please note if you are under the age of 22 and not deemed "Independent" by Centrelink we will require income documents from your parent/s.
To apply for a CQUniCares Mary Carroll Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
These scholarships are made possibly by long-term friend and supporter of CQUniversity students, Mrs Mary Carroll.