2022 CQUniCares Launch Scholarship
The CQUniCares Launch Scholarship assists students from regional areas and/or low SES backgrounds with expenses associated with undergraduate study. Those expenses can include non-deferrable costs such as textbooks, uniforms, computer equipment, internet, equipment or travel costs associated with compulsory residential schools and unpaid work placements.
Scholarship Value: $4,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 375
Opening Date: 04 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Launch Scholarship successful applicants must:
- be enrolled or intending to enrol in an undergraduate course as the primary course of study in Term 1, 2022:
- Associate Degree;
- Advanced Diploma
- Diploma (higher education)
- be studying with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- be identified as either living in a regional or remote area or be classified as living in a low SES area
- be enrolled at Census date in Term 1, 2022
- be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Visa*
- not be receiving any other CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be preferenced based on their SES classification, regional/remote location and degree of disadvantage as follows:
- students identified as living in LSES areas (LSES criteria specific to level of education, job skill and employment)
- students living in regional and remote areas of Australia
- students who have demonstrated low personal or family income
- students with a medical condition/disability or carer responsibilities
- students enrolled in courses with high educational expenses and extensive placement
- academic progress will be taken into consideration for continuing CQUniversity students
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicant/s must:
- Maintain a minimum term GPA of 4.0
- Remain enrolled in the course with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points as at Census date in Term 2
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicants are required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for the cash portion of the scholarship payment to be processed. Students will also need to confirm their postal address is current for non-cash portions of the scholarship to be sent by post.
Cash payment portions will be made to the successful applicants as follows in Term 1 and Term 2:
- $500 in Week 1 to assist with textbooks and other start of term expenses
- $1,000 in Week 6, following final post Census date eligibility checks
- $500 in non-cash portion of the scholarship sent in Week 9
- Written submission
- Documents demonstrating past academic success or unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, volunteering or demonstration of leadership
To apply for a CQUniCares Launch Scholarship, complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Scholarships at CQUniversity are competitive. All applications are ranked based on the selection criteria. The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.
The CQUniversity Removing Financial Barriers to Student Success Scholarships Program is funded by the Commonwealth Higher Education Participation and Partnership Program (HEPPP) funding.