2023 CQUniCares GWI Scholarship
The CQUniCares GWI Scholarship will provide recognition and financial assistance to a deserving Bachelor’s degree student in financial need. The scholarship will assist the student with expenses associated with studying at university. Those expenses can include non-deferrable costs such as textbooks, uniforms, computer equipment and internet access, specialised equipment, childcare, income supplement, travel and accommodation costs associated with compulsory residential schools and unpaid work placements.
Scholarship Value: Up to $5,000
Length of Scholarship: 1 (One) Year
Number Available: 2 (two)
Opening Date: 04 October 2022
Closing Date: 30 January 2023
|Year of Study||First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares GWI Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2023
- Be in their first year of study
- Be enrolled in any Bachelor course
- Be enrolled with a term study load of at least 12 credit points*
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2023
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are the first in their immediate family to attend University
- Speak English as a Second Language
- Are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Have a formally diagnosed disability, medical or mental health condition
- Reside and study in remote or regional location.
The intent is to award, each year, one scholarship to a Queensland-based student and one scholarship to a student outside of Queensland.
*Payments may continue to be awarded on a pro rata bases to students completing less than 12 credit points in extenuating circumstances. This is at the discretion of the Scholarships Team and GWI.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 250 words addressing the following:
"How will a CQUniversity Scholarship assist with your studies?"
Ongoing Eligibility Criteria
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account.
To apply for the CQUniCares GWI Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete applications must be received by 10 am AEST on the closing date. Please ensure all supporting documents are attached to the application as incomplete applications will not be considered.
GWI is a national team of independent advisors to government, business and communities. Trusted to unlock the potential of information and data, GWI work with their clients to create business value, solve problems and guide good decisions.