CQUniCares Field Mining Services Group VET Scholarship
CQUniCares Field Mining Services Group VET Scholarship assists students with expenses associated with completing an apprenticeship at university.
Scholarship Value: $2,500 Annual Tool Voucher
Length of Scholarship: 1 (one) Year
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||Any|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Emerald; Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in 2020
- be doing an apprenticeship
- be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Cert III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Cert III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade
- be an Australian citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand citizen with permanent home address in Australia
- study and reside in the Mackay, Rockhampton, Emerald or Gladstone regions
- not be receiving any other CQUniversity scholarship of similar or higher value
- Career goals and how a scholarship will assist in achieving their educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Expectations of Recipients
CQUniversity will connect scholarship recipients directly with the donor’s organisational representative regarding specific details and arrangements for any additional benefits.
Field Mining Services Group will provide a $2,500 tool voucher to the selected recipient. The voucher is to be used to purchase tools required to assist in completing the apprenticeship.
- Written submission addressing the selection criteria
- Evidence of academic achievements or unofficial transcript
- Evidence of community involvement or leadership
To apply for the CQUniCares Field Mining Services VET Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.