CQUniCares FIELD Engineers Scholarship
The CQUniCares FIELD Engineers Scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to a deserving undergraduate engineering student studying in the Gladstone, Mackay or Rockhampton regions.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000 plus paid work experience
Length of Scholarship: 2 (Two) Years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 05 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Gladstone; Mackay; Rockhampton|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares FIELD Engineers Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022;
- Be a first year student;
- Be enrolled in one of the following courses:
- Associate Degree of Engineering (CC02)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (CC31)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Diploma o- - Professional Practice (Co-op Engineering) (CC32)
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (CG21)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Construction) and Diploma of Construction Management (CL72)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Design) and Diploma of Building Design (CL76)
- Be currently residing in, or be relocating to either Mackay, Rockhampton or Gladstone from a regional or remote area for study. Applicants relocating from metropolitian areas are ineligible.
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income;
- Be studying a minimum of 12 credit points or more*;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2022;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to female and/or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants.
Successful recipients are expected to complete paid work experience and employment opportunities with FIELD Engineers. The students’ ability and desire to do this will be assessed by FIELD Engineers during the selection process and remuneration and timing will be discussed after confirmation.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course with a minimum study load of 12 credit points as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
- Up to $1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
- Up to $2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term (Term 1 and Term 2). Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents that demonstrate low personal/family income or financial need
To apply for the CQUniCares FIELD Engineers Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
FIELD Engineers was established in 2005 in Mackay and now operates from 3 offices across Queensland: Mackay, Brisbane and now Gladstone. The business has grown to include consulting engineering and design services across the civil, mechanical and structural disciplines.
Project engineering and management remain a foundation of the business, keeping us in-step with our clients and their challenges.