CQUniCares Caring for Country Ecosure Scholarship
The CQUniCares Caring for Country Ecosure Scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to a deserving Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Bachelor of Environmental Science (CA42) student residing and studying in the Brisbane or Rockhampton regions.
Scholarship Value: Up to $12,500 plus paid employment
Length of Scholarship: 2.5 years
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 04 May 2021
Closing Date: 11 June 2021
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Region||Brisbane; Rockhampton Queensland|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2021;
- Be studying a minimum of 12 credit points or more;
- Be enrolled as a first-year student in the Bachelor of Environmental Science (CA42);
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and be able to provide a Confirmation of Identity;
- Reside and study in the Brisbane or Rockhampton regions;
- Be an Australian Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 2, 2021;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study loads as follows:
$1,250 /term for study load of 12 credit points
$2,500 /term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census Date eligibility checks each term. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Confirmation of Identity
- Written submission
- Documents showing previous academic success
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the CQUniCares Caring for Country Ecosure Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
Complete Applications must be received by the Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Ecosure was founded in 1994 and is one of Australia’s largest fully certified and privately owned environmental consultancies. Our friendly in-house specialists offer world class practical solutions, no matter how large or small the project. Ecosure is committed to looking after country and we work with our First Nations Peoples, our community and our clients to get the best environmental outcomes. As an environmentally focussed business, Ecosure acknowledges the sustainable living of First Nations People for more than 65,000 years. We recognise we have much to learn about Traditional Ecological Knowledge and the significance of Connection to Country. Visit www.ecosure.com.au for further information.