CQUniCares BHP Indigenous Scholarship
These scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in a CQUniversity Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $40,000
Length of Scholarship: Duration of a Bachelor course up to a maximum of four (4) years
Number Available: 3 (three)
Opening Date: 20 May 2019
Closing Date: 05 July 2019
|Year of Study||First Year; 2nd year|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2019
- Be studying a Bachelor course
- Be a 1st or 2nd year student
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Reside permanently in Queensland, in communities classified as Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote by the Australian Government
- To confirm if your address is likely to fit this criteria, please refer to the following Australian Government resource - http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census date of Term 2, 2019
- Not be receiving another Donor Funded** scholarship
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term for a minimum of two academic units each term.
Students may request a deferral of their scholarship in special circumstances. This request must be made through the Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team and should occur in conjunction with an official Leave of Absence request to the University. If approved, a scholarship may only be deferred for a maximum period of two terms only (excludes Term 3). Students must still maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 in the term directly before taking a Leave of Absence.
In special circumstances, a student may also make a request to transfer their scholarship to an alternative course of study. This request must be through the Scholarships and Financial Assistance Team and is at the discretion of the scholarship donor.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date Term 2, 2019 to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks each term. Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
- Evidence of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- Written submission
- Evidence of academic achievement
- Evidence of exemplary work/community achievements
To apply for a CQUniCares BHP Indigenous Scholarship:
- Read and understand the scholarship information above, specifically the eligibility, selection criteria and supporting documentation needed for your online application.
- Complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached as outlined above. Further information may be required to assess your application. These requests for further information will be sent directly to student email accounts (current students) or nominated email accounts for future students who are not yet enrolled. Responses to requests for further information must be received before 5 pm AEST on the closing date. Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For current students (who already have a Student ID number), apply through MyCentre.
For future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer), apply now.A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicants. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
BHP is a leading global resources company, extracting and processing minerals, oils and gas and selling its products worldwide. The company is committed to regional economic development and sustainability, which includes support for education pathways to employment in communities of interest.
BHP has entered into a five-year partnership agreement with CQUniversity and part of this investment are the CQUni Cares BHP Indigenous Scholarships, supporting 3 Indigenous students until they graduate.
For more information on BHP, please visit the BHP website.