CQUniCares BHP Indigenous Scholarship
These scholarships will provide recognition and financial assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in a CQUniversity Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $40,000
Length of Scholarship: Duration of a Bachelor course up to a maximum of four (4) years
Opening Date: 01 May 2020
Closing Date: 12 June 2020
|Year of Study||Future; First year; 2nd year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Resident|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2020
- Be studying a Bachelor course
- Be a 1st or 2nd year student
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent and able to provide a Confirmation of Identity
- Reside permanently in Queensland, in communities classified as Inner Regional, Outer Regional, Remote or Very Remote by the Australian Government
- To confirm if your address is likely to fit this criteria, please refer to the following Australian Government resource - http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/locator
- Be enrolled at CQUniversity at Census date of Term 2, 2020
- Not be receiving any other CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives;
- Extracurricular activities – especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership.
- Life experiences
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled at Census date each term with a minimum study load of 12 credit points
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term for a minimum of two academic units each term.
Expectation of Recipients
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day or Orientation.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCentre for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census date to avoid delays.
Payment will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 after final post Census date eligibility checks each term. Payments are based on term study load and will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
$5,000/term for full time term study load of 18 credit points or more
$2,500/term for part time study load of at least 12 credit points
- Confirmation of Identity
- Written submission
- Documentation demonstrating previous academic achievement/success
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for a CQUniCares BHP Indigenous Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCentre. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Failure to supply requested documents will result in your application being incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
BHP is a leading global resources company, extracting and processing minerals, oils and gas and selling its products worldwide. The company is committed to regional economic development and sustainability, which includes support for education pathways to employment in communities of interest.
BHP has entered into a five-year partnership agreement with CQUniversity and part of this investment are the CQUni Cares BHP Indigenous Scholarships, supporting 3 Indigenous students until they graduate.
For more information on BHP, please visit the BHP website.