CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship
The CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship will provide recognition and support to a deserving first year Western Australia student who, without this support, would not be able to attend university. The successful recipient can be enrolled in any academic discipline and will receive support for the duration of their Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $50,000 (full tuition and student services amenities fees plus up to $1,000 cash for textbooks and other educational costs (Term 1 and Term 2)
Length of Scholarship: Duration of Course
Number Available: 1
Opening Date: 04 October 2021
Closing Date: 07 January 2022
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa|
|Study Region||Western Australia|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2022;
- Commencing studies in any undergraduate course;
- Be studying a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more*;
- Be able to provide evidence of low personal/ family income or financial need;
- Studying and residing in Western Australia;
- Be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2022;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Continue to reside and study within Western Australia
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2) with a minimum study load of 12 credit points
- Complete a further 2 x Blackbullion financial literacy pathways prior to Term 2 Census date
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship includes:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Full Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- A $1,000 cash payment at the start of Term 1 and 2 to cover any additional educational costs such as stationery, textbooks and equipment.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MYCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payment of $1,000 (based on full time study load) will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term 1 and Term 2 after final post Census Date eligibility and Blackbullion engagement checks each term. This payment will be reduced to $500 for part time study load.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Documents demonstrating previous academic success/achievement
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, volunteering or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low income or financial need
To apply for a CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship, complete an online Scholarship Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is attached:
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.Scholarships at CQUniversity are competitive. All applications are ranked based on the selection criteria. The Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed. Students will be notified of the outcome of their application via their student email accounts only. Decisions are final.