CQUniCares Acumentis Scholarship
The CQUniCares Acumentis Scholarship will provide recognition and assistance to a deserving Indigenous Bachelor of Property student.
Scholarship Value: Up to $10,000
Length of Scholarship: 2 (Two) Years
Opening Date: 01 October 2020
Closing Date: 29 January 2021
|Year of Study||Future; First year; 2nd year|
|Ethnicity||Aboriginal; Torres Strait Islander|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Acumentis Scholarship an applicant needs to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to enrol at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2021
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be able to provide a Confirmation of Identity
- Be studying in their 1st or 2nd year of study
- Be enrolled in a Bachelor of Property (CF56)
- Be enrolled with a minimum term study load of 12 credit points or more
- Be an Australian citizen with a permanent home address in Australia
- Be enrolled as at Census date Term 1, 2021
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value
Applicants will be assessed based on the application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following criteria:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your education objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
In addition to the ongoing eligibility requirements, the successful applicants must:
- Maintain a minimum average GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census date of each term (Terms 1 & 2)
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
As a donor scholarship recipient, you may be approached to assist with positively promoting the CQUniversity Scholarships program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media and at events such as Open Day.
Payment of Scholarship
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Census Date to avoid delays.
Payments are based on term study load as follows:
- $1,250/term for study load of 12 credit points
- $2,500/term for study load of 18 credit points or more
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Confirmation of Identity
- Written submission
- CQUniversity unofficial transcript
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
To apply for the CQUniCares Acumentis Scholarship:
- Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply here
Complete Applications must be received at the Student Scholarships Office by 5pm AEST on the closing date.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.A selection panel, consisting of representatives from CQUniversity will be formed to determine the successful applicant. A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications as soon as possible after the selection panel meets.
Acumentis is Australia’s only independent property valuation and advisory services firm listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. Acumentis is committed to delivering the highest quality independent service our clients have come to expect. Whether our clients are lenders, investors, or property owners, Acumentis aims to be their essential partner when it comes to providing expert advice and valuation services, so that our clients can make their decisions with certainty. Visit acumentis.com.au for further information.