CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship
The CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Western Australia Scholarship will provide recognition and support to a deserving first year student who, without this support, would not be able to attend university. The successful recipient can be enrolled in any academic discipline and will receive support for the duration of their Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: (Up to $50,000) Full payment of course tuition and student services amenities fees plus up to $1,000 cash per term for educational costs such as textbooks etc (T1 and T2)
Length of Scholarship: Duration of course
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 03 May 2022
Closing Date: 03 June 2022
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Western Australia|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 2, 2022;
- Commencing studies in any Bachelor course;
- Be able to provide evidence of low personal/ family income or financial need;
- Studying and residing in Western Australia;
- Be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 2, 2022;
- Not be receiving another CQUniversity Scholarship of similar or higher value.
Applicants will be assessed based on an application form and a written submission of no more than 500 words addressing the following:
- Career goals and how the scholarship will assist you in achieving your educational objectives
- Extracurricular activities - especially community and volunteering activities and demonstration of leadership
- Life experiences
Payment of the Scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fees
- Full Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- $1,000 cash payment (based on full time study load) in Term 1 and Term 2 only to assist with textbooks, stationary and other educational expenses. This cash payment will be reduced to $500 for part time study load.
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term
- Complete 2 x additional pathways (recipient’s choice of remaining topics) of Blackbullion financial literacy platform prior to Term 2 Census Date.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Expectations of Recipients
As an added professional development opportunity, all scholarship recipients are expected to engage with Blackbullion, an online interactive financial literacy platform. Scholarship recipients must complete any two pathways of their choice prior to the first payment being made.
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with positively promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through media or invited to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days.
Applications must include all necessary supporting documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will need to supply the following supporting documentation:
- Written submission
- Documents demonstrating previous academic success or achievement
- Documents demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documents demonstrating low income/ financial need
Possible required income documents usually include Centrelink Income Statement and/or 3 x consecutive recent payslips.
To apply for the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
The Adam Scott Foundation was initiated in 2005 and provides life opportunities for Australian children and youth. The Foundation strives to assist and support young people, to provide a greater range of options and to enhance life and career possibilities.