CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Queensland Scholarship
The CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Queensland Scholarship will provide recognition and support to a deserving first year Queensland student who, without this support, would not be able to attend university. The successful recipient can be enrolled in any academic discipline and will receive support for the duration of their Bachelor course.
Scholarship Value: Up to $50,000
Length of Scholarship: Duration of Course
Number Available: 1 (One)
Opening Date: 04 October 2022
Closing Date: 30 January 2023
|Year of Study||Future; First year|
|Citizenship||Australian Citizen; Permanent Humanitarian Visa; New Zealand Citizen|
|Study Region||Western Australia|
|Study Mode||All modes|
|Study Load||All loads|
To be eligible to receive the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Queensland Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or intending to be enrolled at CQUniversity in Term 1, 2023;
- Commencing studies in any undergraduate course in 2023;
- Studying and residing in Queensland;
- Be able to demonstrate low personal/ family income or be under financial pressure;
- Be enrolled with a minimum term study load of at least 12 credit points*;
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, holder of a Humanitarian Visa or New Zealand Citizen with a permanent home address in Australia;
- Be enrolled at Census Date in Term 1, 2023;
- Not be receiving multiple CQUniversity Scholarships that exceed the annual value of $10,000.
Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 31 years old.
*Payments may continue to be awarded on a pro rata basis to students completing less than 12 credit points in extenuating circumstances. This is at the discretion of both the Scholarships Team and the Adam Scott Foundation.
Applicants will be assessed on the application and a written submission of no more than 250 words addressing the following:
"How will a CQUniversity Scholarship assist with your studies?"
Expectations of Recipients
As a scholarship recipient, you will be asked to participate in a feedback survey. You may also be approached to assist with promoting CQUniversity’s Scholarship program by sharing your experiences as a recipient through testimonials, media or invitations to attend events such as Orientation or Open Days. If you do not wish to be publicly recognised or be involved in the above initiatives, please advise the Advancement and Alumni Relations Team via firstname.lastname@example.org immediately following acceptance.
CQUniversity has a range of support services located on our website Student Support Services and Financial Preparedness.
Ongoing Eligibility Requirements
In addition to the eligibility criteria, the successful applicant must:
- Continue to reside and study within Queensland (the scholar may still travel if this is required to fulfill their study requirement)
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 each term
- Remain enrolled in the course as at Census Date each term with a minimum of 12 credit points or more.
Please note that failure to meet the continuing eligibility criteria may result in the scholarship being cancelled.
Students may request a deferral of their scholarship in special circumstances. This request must be made through the Student Scholarships Team and should occur in conjunction with an official Leave of Absence request to the University. If approved, a scholarship may only be deferred for a maximum period of two terms (excludes Term 3). Continuing students must still maintain a minimum GPA of 4.0 in the term directly before taking a Leave of Absence.
In special circumstances, a student may also make a request to transfer their scholarship to an alternative course of study. This request must be made through the Student Scholarships Team and is at the discretion of the scholarship donor.
Sharing Details with the Donor of your Scholarship
As funds for your scholarship have been generously donated, CQUniversity is required to share your name, course/ study area and ongoing eligibility (including academic performance) with the donor of your scholarship. Donors may wish to celebrate their recipients, however if you do not wish your donor or CQUniversity to promote your name publicly, this can be arranged.
Thanking your Donor
Many of our scholarships are made possible by generous donations from community partners who are committed to supporting CQUniversity students to reach their academic goals. Our donors are always keen to hear how their support is making a difference. You are strongly encouraged to submit a letter of thanks (Word/ PDF) to email@example.com to express your appreciation. To help you get started, we recommend providing a brief overview of who you are, what you are studying and your career aspirations, as well as some insight into how your scholarship will benefit you.
Payment of the Scholarship
The value of the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Scholarship includes:
- Full Tuition Fees
- Full Student Services & Amenities Fee (SSAF)
- A $1,000 cash payment at the start of Term 1 and 2 to cover any additional educational costs such as stationery, textbooks and equipment.
The successful applicant is required to enter their current financial institution details (banking details) into their MyCQU for payment to occur. This must be done prior to Term 1 Census Date to avoid delays.
Payment of $1,000 will be made to the successful applicant in Week 6 of Term following final post Census Date eligibility checks each term.
Payments will be credited electronically to the student’s nominated bank account.
*Disclaimer - Students may be required to provide further documentation to support their application. This can include the following:
- Written submission
- Documentation demonstrating academic achievement or unofficial transcript
- Documentation demonstrating community involvement, exemplary work or demonstration of leadership
- Documentation demonstrating low personal or family income/ financial need
- Confirmation of Identity or 2 x Cultural References + a Statutory Declaration (if relevant to scholarship)
All requests for further information to support applications will be sent to the student email account. Failure to supply further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
To apply for the CQUniCares Adam Scott Foundation Queensland Scholarship:
Complete a Scholarship Online Application Form, ensuring all supporting documentation is completed and attached as outlined here
- For Current students (applicants who have already have a Student ID number) apply through MyCQU. You will need to log in with your student details.
- For Future students (applicants who have applied or are intending to apply to study at CQUniversity but not yet received or accepted an offer) apply now.
A section panel, consisting of representatives from the Adam Scott Foundation will be formed to determine the successful applicant. Shortlisted applicants will be required to take part in a phone interview.
Scholarships at CQUniversity are highly competitive. All applications are ranked based on how well applicants address the selection criteria, and in comparison, to other applicants.
Being eligible or being a recipient in the past is no guarantee of having a successful application.
A scholarship will only be offered where there is an applicant of sufficient merit.
All applicants are advised that any request for further information to support their application will be sent to their student email accounts or nominated email account for future students. Students will be required to re-submit any further information requested through their original application in MyCQU. Failure to resubmit further information will deem the application incomplete and will not be considered.
The Student Scholarships Team are unable to provide updates to students on the progress of their individual application until all assessments are completed.
The Adam Scott Foundation was initiated in 2005 and provides life opportunities for Australian children and youth. The Foundation strives to assist and support young people, to provide a greater range of options and to enhance life and career possibilities.