Fundamentals of Risk Management for Managers and Supervisors - PDC20057
Are you a manager or supervisor in your workplace? Under Work Health and Safety laws, these persons are required to identify and manage occupational health and safety (OHS) hazards and associated risks, according to the organisation's requirements and Work Health and Safety laws. In this online micro-credentials course, you will learn how to identify OHS hazards and apply risk assessment strategies to manage OHS hazards and risks, and thereby contribute to OHS compliance and workplace requirements. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
6 hours online self-paced learning.Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential addresses fundamental skills and knowledge required by supervisors to identify occupational health and safety (OHS) hazards, assess OHS risks, and develop and implement OHS risk controls according to organisational requirements and national OHS laws in Australian states and territories. This micro-credential applies to supervisors who are required to identify and implement solutions to OHS hazards which may include projects or operations within a section of the organisation.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
6 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Access information to identify OHS hazards and assess and control risks
- Undertake hazard identification and risk assessment
- Apply risk control options using a number of different risk management tools
- Contribute to OHS compliance and workplace requirements.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in a Supervisory role.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
This micro-credential provides Professional Development for Supervisors.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
After successful completion of this micro-credential, students may choose to enrol and complete the assessment for BSBWHS414 - Contribute to WHS Risk Management and continue to study other units offered in BSB41419 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.