Fashion Design - PDC85348
If you are new to the field or an experienced Home Economics and Fashion Design teacher then this 4-day Fashion Design intensive workshop is for you! With the support of a highly skilled Fashion Design tutor, you will be guided through activities that match your sewing and designing experience. The expert tutor will introduce you to a variety of tools and equipment used in typical textiles classrooms while also providing important risk management, organisational skills, and workplace health and safety strategies to ensure safe and efficient classrooms. This workshop is awarded a Certificate of Attendance as evidence of your Professional Development.
Professional Development Short Course is 28 hours.
This Fashion Design Professional Development Short Course will provide you with the pedagogical content knowledge and skills to teach Fashion Design in schools. This 4-day intensive workshop is created so that new to the field and experienced Home Economics and Fashion Design teachers will be inspired to create engaging and contemporary fashion design projects for students. With the support of a highly-skilled Fashion Design tutor, you will be guided through activities that match your sewing and design experience. The expert tutor will introduce you to a variety of tools and equipment used in typical textiles classrooms while also providing important risk management, organisational skills, and workplace health and safety strategies to ensure safe and efficient classrooms.
This 4-day workshop includes:
- design and construct one casual fashion daywear outfit for yourself. The garment will:
- suite your figure type
- appeal to your own unique style
- include a variety of refined Fashion Design skills to provide you with enough challenge to further develop your skills
- have at least two complex sewing skills (e.g. zip or other closure, lining, insert sleeves, waistband, pleats, embellishment eg. insert piping, pocket) and a range of basic sewing skills (e.g. darts, seams, hems, neatening)
- have a care label.
- Sustainable practices
- Classroom management for high-risk equipment and environments.
Resources that participants need to provide:
On registration and payment, you will receive an information booklet that outlines materials (fabrics, embellishments, fasteners, pattern, etc) that need to be purchased prior to attendance. You will also receive some reference material and templates for completion. The information booklet also contains instructions about tasks that need to be completed prior to attendance. It is advisable that tasks be started at least 4 weeks prior to the workshop.
Resources provided for participants:
The equipment and tools required to complete the garment will be supplied.
Dates, times and venue information:
For dates, times and venue information, please access the Professional Development Short Course by visiting our Learning Management Site: Be Different
This Professional Development Short Course is held every year during the June/July Education Queensland school holidays.
The venue is in Brisbane.
Standard Workshop StructureDuration:
Professional Development Short Course is 28 hours.
- Explore fashion literacy and terminology within a variety of contexts
- Analyse and apply the elements and principles of fashion design
- Discern appropriate materials and fibre selection for designed solutions
- Create a designed fashion product demonstrating technical, procedural and safety skills.
- 4-days participation in practical skills activities
- construction of a personalised Fashion Design product.
Teacher in an Australian school who needs to upskill in the discipline.
Clothing requirement: Wear covered non-slip footwear and suitable protective clothing.
Undertaking this Professional Development Short Course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the Professional Development Short Course, students will be awarded a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired workshop, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the course (and micro-credentials) you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of courses (and micro-credentials) on your Dashboard.