Coronial System in Queensland - An Introduction - PDC51961
This online Short Course is designed to provide you as a health clinician with an introduction to the Coronial System in Queensland, including what constitutes a reportable death, police investigations, autopsies and the procedure for inquests.
Reference is made to the Queensland Coroners Act 2003.
The fee for this short course will be $45.00.
Standard Course StructureStudy Mode: OnlineDuration: 2 hours
- Gain an understanding of the Coronial system in Australia, and in particular with reference to Queensland legislation
- Identify criteria for a reportable death and by whom
- Outline the process for coronial deaths to be reported and investigated
- Distinguish the different types of autopsies undertaken by the Coroner
- Understand the process and purpose of an inquest.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
This course provides Professional Development for health professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 2 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.