Clinical Teachers Supporting Distressed Students - PDC111214
Are you a clinical teacher with an interest in preparing, supporting and assessing students work in integrated learning (WIL)? If so, you will be interested in this micro-credential as it introduces the evidence around students’ experiences of mental health concerns and distress during WIL. You will explore evidence-based literature and develop strategies to support students experiencing distress, communication skills and referral processes with a view of helping them succeed while on clinical placement. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display on your profile or share on social media.
4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This micro-credential will be of interest to clinical teachers who prepare, support and assess students’ work integrated learning (WIL). The content introduces the evidence around Australian students’ experiences of mental health concerns and more specifically distress during WIL using literature in nursing students experiences. Participants in this micro-credential will have access to evidence-based literature and learn about strategies to support students experiencing distress; relevant communication skills and required referral processes. Descriptions of available CQUniversity and community resources are provided. Information around self-care strategies that may benefit clinical teachers working with this student cohort is also included.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Explain the current evidence and incidence around students experiencing mental health concerns during in tertiary education
- Describe the mental health concerns students tertiary students are most likely to experience
- Understand skills clinical teachers can use to support students experiencing distress when undertaking clinical placements (university and community crisis resources, communication strategies, supporting students to succeed on clinical placement)
- Examine strategies that could support students’ mental health and well-being during WIL
- Examine strategies clinical teachers could implement to enhance their mental health and well-being.
No specific entry requirements.
This micro-credential is relevant for any clinical professionals/educators/ novice academics and teachers who support and assess students undertaking work integrated learning (WIL) as a requirement of their vocational or tertiary studies.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.