Chemical Hazard Awareness - PDC54061
If you need an overview of hazardous chemicals including the correct identification, labelling, safe handling, storage, and requirements for documentation in the workplace, this online micro-credential is exactly what you need! You will cover the requirements for using Safety Data Sheets to reinforce the responsibility of both individual and employer to prevent chemical injuries in the workplace. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online micro-credential provides an overview of hazardous chemicals including the correct identification, labelling, safe handling, storage, and requirements for documentation in the workplace. The requirements for using Safety Data Sheets are described to reinforce the responsibility of both individual and employer to prevent chemical injuries in the workplace.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Micro-credentialDuration: 2 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Define what constitutes a hazardous chemical
- Understand the purpose, use, and requirements of Safety Data Sheets in the workplace
- Describe the emergency equipment required in chemical storage areas
- Outline requirements for the safe disposal of hazardous chemicals in the workplace.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the health and/or science profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.