Building Student Confidence in the Classroom - PDC97078
The impact of student confidence on engagement and learning in the classroom cannot be underestimated. If you are a tertiary educator, then this online micro-credential is essential. It is designed specifically to assist you in your teaching practices to promote the potential for student success. You will examine the definition of confidence, the relationship between student confidence and performance, learn how to identify confidence in students, and explore strategies for building student confidence and managing confident students in the classroom. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential examines the influence of student confidence on student engagement and learning in the classroom. It is specifically designed to help tertiary educators consider their teaching practice to promote the potential for student success.
The course will explore the following topics:
- What is confidence?
- Relationship between student confidence and performance
- Identifying confidence in students
- Strategies for building confidence in students
- Strategies for managing confident students in the classroom.
Standard Micro-credential StructureDuration:
- Identify key factors that impact the relationship between student confidence and performance in student experience in the tertiary classroom
- Identify strategies to make curriculum and learning environments more accessible for students who lack confidence
- Identify strategies to manage over-confident students to ensure the classroom remains a safe learning space for all.
This micro-credential is available for CQUniversity staff only.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables staff to be better equipped to support students in a teaching setting.
Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, staff will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) to display in a professional profile and a Certificate of Completion.
For all CQUniversity staff interested in undertaking this micro-credential for professional development and scholarship an enrolment key is required to access the course. Contact CPD Enquiries for the key.