Asbestos Awareness and Management - PDC70286
Asbestos awareness and safety is so important for anyone and everyone! If you think you need to know more about this important topic, especially in relation to the school environment, then this online micro-credential might be what you're looking for. It provides an overview of asbestos identification and management in the workplace, including requirements for reporting documentation; and includes the asbestos register system required in all Queensland State Schools. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
1 hour of online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
This online Short Course provides an overview of asbestos identification and management in the workplace, including requirements for reporting documentation; and includes the asbestos register system required in all Queensland State Schools.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
1 hour of online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- List the different types and classes of asbestos which may be identified in buildings
- Describe the impact of asbestos exposure on human health
- Explain the hierarchy of control for managing and disposing of asbestos
- Outline the requirements for an asbestos management plan in the workplace.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this course, however, it is suitable for personnel who work in asbestos identification and management.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
This course provides Professional Development for professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded 1 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hour and a CQUniversity Certificate of Completion.
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.