PDC61657 - An Introduction to Clinical Facilitation in Aged Care
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential is aimed at clinical facilitators/teachers/supervisors who wish to advance their knowledge and skills in clinical education. The micro-credential focuses on clinical facilitation in aged care and explores the key psychosocial concepts of person-centred care and being solutions-focused. Learners are able to assess their own capabilities as a clinical facilitator before and after the micro-credential. On the topic of clinical facilitation, learners explore innovations, best practice, relevant pedagogies and novel strategies to inspire students to work with patients and residents of aged care. A case study of a recent approach that was taken to develop students’ communication and listening skills is provided.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
4 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Explain the knowledge, skills and attributes that a student of nursing needs to develop to be competent and safe in a placement setting
- Understand facilitation strategies that empower students to work to their potential during clinical placement
- Examine different pedagogies that would suit the context of any setting where students undertake clinical learning, including role modelling, reflection, cognitive rehearsal and narrative pedagogy.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.