PDC54306 - Build an Outdoor Fitness Training Business
|Duration||4 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential outlines the key elements of operating a successful outdoor fitness training business as a fitness professional. Australian weather in most places presents a great opportunity to host an outdoor fitness program. Outdoor Fitness sessions have seen growth rates close to 40% over the past 10 years and provide a great way to bring in extra income to your fitness business and expose you to clients with other health and fitness preferences.
It is expected students have a fitness professional qualification of Certificate IV in Fitness or greater.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
This course provides Professional Development for health and fitness professionals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with AUSactive as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain AUSactive CECs on the successful completion of this course.
This is an AUSactive Accredited micro-credential. To gain your CEC’s you will be required to upload your certificate into your CEC diary on your AUSactive account and select your approved course for AUSactive to verify.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the key elements of a successful outdoor fitness training business
- Reflect on the professional responsibilities and duty of care of the fitness trainer in managing clients
- Outline training session planning and delivery options in the outdoor setting
- Identify risk management procedures to consider in managing an outdoor fitness training business
- Gain an understanding of local population demographics
- Identify growing local health, fitness and community networks
- Develop high-level communication and client referral skills to enable collaboration across sectors.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course are expected to have successfully completed a fitness professional qualification of Certificate IV in Fitness or greater.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.