PDC52799 - Health Literacy
|2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
What does health literacy mean? It is the degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make decisions about their health. If you want to find out how to recognise and identify health literacy in a range of contexts this micro-credential is for you! As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
Health literacy is the degree to which individuals have the capacity to obtain, process, and understand basic health information and services needed to make decisions about their health. This online micro-credential introduces the concept of health literacy and the skills and abilities required to promote and maintain good health.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Recognise health literacy in a range of different contexts
- Identify health literacy to the social determinants of health
- Identify the population groups most at risk of low health literacy
- Identify those responsible for health promotion, improving health education, and empowering individuals to be more aware of healthy choices and reduce risk.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.