PDC52458 - Drug Calculation Refresher Course
|Duration||1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
If you work in the healthcare environment you may be required to undertake an annual update in drug calculations, and this micro-credential is perfect for your needs! You will cover common abbreviations, unit conversions, calculating concentrations, oral dose calculations for tablets, IV and drip rates for gravity flow infusions calculations, and infusion rates for infusion devices.
This online micro-credential provides participants with an annual update in drug calculations in the healthcare environment.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
Upon completion of this micro-credential students will gain an understanding of the following concepts:
- Common abbreviations
- Converting from one unit to another unit
- Common conversions
- Calculating concentrations
- Calculation of oral doses in tablets
- Calculating IV doses.
- Calculating drip rates for gravity flow infusions
- Calculating infusion rates for infusion devices.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements for students enrolling in this micro-credential.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.