PDC86973 - Industrial Furnishing Processes PD Workshop
|Duration||Professional Development Course is 24 hours.|
|Study mode||Mixed Mode|
Workshop information: Rockhampton: Rockhampton State High School Buildings H & J. 8.00am – 5.00pm. Buildings H & J. Saturday 22/6/24 – Monday 24/6/24 or Tuesday 25/6/24 – Thursday 27/6/24 For further information and workshop dates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Furnishing Industry uses a wide range of material such as timber, metals, wood products, adhesives, hardware and surface finishes. This 3-day Workshop introduces some of the common materials and products used in a Senior Furnishing class. You will be introduced to the different hand tools and equipment used in a Furnishing classroom. You will be required to complete a number of joints used in a Senior Furnishing classroom and design & construct a cabinet. You will be provided with suggested techniques and practical skills that are helpful in the teaching a Furnishing class.
This 3-day residential school includes: Knowledge of furnishing designs and processes will be gained through working with hand skills and real world applications. Students will design, develop, adapt and evaluate projects utilising hands on skills.
Resources provided for participants: All consumables (i.e. materials necessary to undertake workshop activities).
This is a Professional Development Course which is awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Undertaking this Professional Development Course, enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the Professional Development Course , students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Standard Professional Development CourseDuration:
Professional Development Course is 24 hours.
- Plan and develop a series of design based activities for construction
- Understand the use, development and impact of design concepts through the construction of a series of design based activities
- Apply appropriate problem solving procedures to enact the construction of a designed product
- Investigate how to plan, sequence, implement and assess design application processes used in the production of projects incorporated in the senior year's of industrial technology and design teaching area
- Recognise and apply basic skills sequences and procedures using design processes required for teaching cabinet making technologies
- Critically evaluate specific applications of tools and equipment used in the manufacture of products for cabinet making
- Apply appropriate workplace health and safety and maintenance practices when engaging in design and manufacturing activities
- Communicate and work professionally in peer learning teams.
- Practical course work (during the Workshop)
- Practical Test Written Design Assessment
Teachers working in Queensland who need to upskill in the discipline. The workshop is limited to 4 students only.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.