PDC85641 - Inclusive Education: Dyslexia in the Adult and Adolescent Classroom
|Duration||6 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Dyslexia affects a person’s ability to read and write. It doesn’t relate to socioeconomic status, overall intelligence or quality of education. If you are an educator and are looking to expand your knowledge to support your students who may have dyslexia, this online micro-credential is exactly for you. It will provide you with a basic understanding of the causes of dyslexia and its potential impacts on a person’s learning and well-being. It also outlines the critical concept of universal design and suggests ways to make curriculum more accessible to students with dyslexia. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
Dyslexia affects a person’s ability to read and write. It is not related to socioeconomic status, overall intelligence or quality of education, although these factors can have an impact on a person’s future achievement. It is estimated that around 5 to 15% of the population have characteristics of dyslexia. This online micro-credential will provide you with a basic understanding of the causes of dyslexia and its potential impacts on a person’s learning and well-being. It will also outline the critical concept of universal design and suggest ways to make curriculum more accessible to students with dyslexia.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
6 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline the reading process and identify specific difficulties associated with dyslexia and the neurological nature of their origins
- Describe other characteristics associated with dyslexia in adults and potential impacts of dyslexia on learning and well-being
- Identify strategies for supporting adult students with dyslexia
- Describe the concepts of Universal Design in Learning (UDL)
- Identify strategies for making curriculum more accessible to students with dyslexia.
There are no specific entry requirements.
This micro-credential is relevant for provide anyone wishing to gain a basic understanding of the causes of dyslexia and its potential impacts on a person’s learning and well-being.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.