PDC87022 - The National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
|Duration||1 hour online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
The standards provide a nationally consistent statement of the level of care consumers should be able to expect from health service organisations. This online micro-credential will introduce you to the 8 Standards of the National Safety and Quality Health Service, and help you develop an understanding of the relevance to nursing practice in terms of consumer protection through best evidence-based practice. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential will provide an overview of each of the 10 National Standards and outline the relevance to the health professional. The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (the commission) was created by Health Ministers in 2006, and funded by all governments on a cost sharing basis, to lead and coordinate health care safety and quality improvements in Australia. The Standards provide a nationally consistent statement of the level of care consumers should be able to expect from health service organisations.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
1 hour online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify each of the 10 Standards of the National Safety and Quality Health Service
- Develop an understanding of the relevance to nursing practice
- Recognise that the standards were developed to protect consumers, the workforce and organisations through best evidence based practice.
Assessment: Online Quiz
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.