PDC50215 - Understanding the Australian Health Care System
|Duration||10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential introduces the role of governments in the contextual provisions of healthcare in Australia and our recent health reforms. It outlines the multiple systems of health care, the major types of health services available, models of care and the health considerations of vulnerable groups within Australia. Though the Australian healthcare system is far from perfect, it is considered one of the best in the world when it comes to delivery, availability and affordability for the Australian population.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Explain the role of government in the provision of healthcare in Australia
- Outline the National health Safety Quality Service Standards
- Compare contemporary models of healthcare utilised in Australia
- Describe some of the vulnerable groups in Australia and list the health and support services available to them
- Outline the different contemporary models of health care.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential should work in the healthcare profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.