PDC73744 - Key Principles and Concepts in Accounting
|Duration||10 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
In this online micro-credential, you will examine key principles and concepts relevant to accounting. These concepts are important to learn about, even as a manager or a leader, so that you are able to decipher the financial information available to you. These skills will help you determine whether the business is running at a loss or a profit, the liabilities of the business and whether the business is complying with its legal accounting obligations. Understanding accounting is an essential tool for leaders who need to efficiently and effectively make business decisions. Understanding the financial underpinnings of your business can help you determine what financial activities are, and are not, working at the business. This information will help you to make business decisions and execute changes to the business with the aim of improving operations and increasing profits. To help you understand the basics of accounting, you will learn about the purpose of financial statements and the main types of financial statements and the principles guiding the accounting profession and informing its ethics. Key accounting terminology that is required at an executive level of business and the difference between accrual and cost-based accounting will be outlined.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
10 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the purpose of financial statements and the main types of financial statements
- Outline the entities governing international and Australian accounting standards
- Describe different accounting methods which are used in business.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.