PDC73074 - Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning in Strategic Marketing
|Duration||13 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential will examine one of the most popular marketing models used in modern business practices. The use of the segmentation, targeting and positioning (STP) model represents a shift away from the traditional marketing model that focused on product differentiation to a deeper awareness of the consumptive behaviour of consumers. Market segmentation involves identifying the various potential target audiences for a company's product or brand. There are many ways to segment a market including segmentation according to age, gender, purchasing habits or hobbies. Market targeting involves directing and crafting a company's product or brand to a particular audience. Product positioning involves the distribution and promotion of the product to the chosen segment.
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
13 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Identify the most popular marketing models used in modern business practices
- Discuss how market segmentation involves identifying the various potential target audiences for a company's product or brand
- Outline how product positioning involves the distribution and promotion of the product to the chosen segment.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enrol in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.