PDC72531 - Product Development and Innovation
|Duration||8 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
How do leaders create and promote social innovation within companies? Through the use of examples and case studies, this micro-credential dispels the myth that social innovation is solely an objective of entrepreneurial insight and will encourage you to consider what capacity you have to act as a social innovator. In addition, it poses the question: How does effective leadership straddle the seemingly incongruous objectives of social innovation and maintaining order? Considerations around whether social innovation is a responsibility for managers, or should it be left to entrepreneurial leaders are also explored. As a micro-credential, this course gives you a certificate of completion and a digital badge to display in your profile or share on social media.
This online micro-credential will begin by discovering the ways that leaders create and promote social innovation within companies. Through examples and case studies, the course will dispel the myth that social innovation is solely an objective of entrepreneurial insight and will encourage you to consider what capacity you have to act as a social innovator. In addition, it poses the question: How does effective leadership straddle the seemingly incongruous objectives of social innovation and maintaining order? Finally, discussions will centre around whether social innovation is an appropriate responsibility for managers, or should it be left to entrepreneurial leaders?
This online micro-credential provides a non-creditable micro-credential and digital badge which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
Students who successfully complete the set of nine Short Courses* developed from the unit BUSN20031 Social Innovation, (which forms part of the Master of Business Administration (Leadership) CL39), may be eligible for credit transfer, pending all other entry requirements to the Master of Business Administration (Leadership) CL39 are being met, as automatic entry will not apply.
*Includes the following Short Courses:
- Introduction to Social Innovation
- History of Social Innovation
- Contemporary Perspectives on Social Innovation
- Human Centred Design
- Solving Social Problems
- Wicked Problems and Sustainability
- Product Development and Innovation
- Funding Methods for Social Innovation
- Social Innovation: Assessment Module.
Structure & Availability
8 hours online self-paced learning.
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Outline ways that leaders create and promote social innovation within companies
- Describe why social innovation is an appropriate responsibility for managers
- Reflect on your personal and professional capacity you have to act as a social innovator.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements to enroll in this micro-credential, however, it is relevant to anyone who would like to complete studies in this field, in a flexible and self-paced environment.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.