PDC54283 - Developing an Insight in Musculoskeletal Injuries
|Duration||2 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
This online micro-credential will provide an overview of the anatomy and physiology of the musculoskeletal system and the associated injuries that can occur to this system. It also indicates the recommended treatment for these types of injuries.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Undertaking this course enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the course, students will be awarded Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours, a non-creditable micro-credential (Digital Badge) and a Certificate of Completion.
If you are a Registered Exercise Professional with AUSactive as a Group Exercise/Gym Instructor or greater, you will also be eligible to attain 1 AUSactive CEC on the successful completion of this course. On successful completion of the quizzes your Certificate will be available. You will be required to upload that certificate into your CEC diary on your AUSactive account and you will be able to select your approved course. This will apply the CECs to your account. A team member from AUSactive will review the uploaded certificate as soon as possible to verify that it matches the selected course.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
- Understand the effects of ageing on the musculoskeletal system
- Outline the pathophysiology of strains, sprains, dislocation, and fractures
- Outline the assessment process for musculoskeletal injuries
- Describe the management of musculoskeletal injuries.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this micro-credential are expected to have successfully completed a fitness professional qualification of Certificate IV in Fitness or greater.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
Fees & Scholarships
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.