PDC53017 - Introduction to Chemistry
|Duration||12 hours online self-paced learning. Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.|
Are you looking for an introductory or bridging micro-credential to introduce you to the terms, concepts and rules in chemistry? As an introductory micro-credential, this is a brilliant way to expand your knowledge on all things relating to the world of chemistry.
This online micro-credential introduces the terms, concepts and rules in chemistry, and relates them to everyday materials and events, placing chemistry within the context of your own experiences.
This is a non-creditable micro-credential which is awarded a digital badge and Certificate of Completion which can be shared to your social networks and displayed in your professional portfolio.
Our micro-credentials are aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
What is a Digital Badge?
Undertaking this micro-credential enables students to meet their Continuing Professional Development obligations and industry update requirements in their profession. Upon successful completion of the micro-credential, students will be awarded a Digital Badge and Certificate of Completion.
Structure & Availability
Students can access the micro-credential for one year from enrolment.
On completion of this online micro-credential, students will gain an understanding of the following concepts in chemistry:
- Elements and atoms
- Measurements in chemistry
- Acids and Bases
- Oxidation and reduction reactions
- Organic chemistry.
Digital Badge via Credly
Students can also download a Certificate of Completion, share to social media or add to a professional portfolio.
There are no specific entry requirements, however, students enrolling in this course should work or study in the healthcare and/or science profession.
Our micro-credentials are available for anyone to access. You do not have to be a CQUniversity student.
How to apply
- Once you have selected your desired micro-credential, you can now add it to your shopping cart to enable you to purchase more than one "course" in a single transaction.
- Once you have added all the micro-credentials you wish to purchase, you will be directed to the payment gateway and will be asked to "authenticate" your account on our Learning Management System Be Different.
- If you are an existing CPD student, please use sign in options used to access CPD micro-credential courses in Be Different.
- If you a new student to CPD, please select option “Don’t have an account?” Sign up now and follow the prompts to create a new account.
- After successful authentication, you will be redirected to the CQUniversity secure payment gateway. Please add your payment details to complete the transaction.
- Following a successful payment, you will automatically be redirected to the course in the Learning Management System Be Different where you will find your selection of micro-credentials on your Dashboard.